For Sale

Owl Creek Bottom Crop, Hunting and Build Site

Woodson County
Yates Center
, KS
117+/- Acres

Owl Creek Bottom Crop, Hunting and Build Site

$520,650 70th Rd & Prairie Rd, Yates Center, KS 66783
117 +/- Acres

Property Description

Here is a beautiful, diversified farm listing you won’t want to miss out on located along Owl Creek southeast of Yates Center. The property offers exceptional hunting opportunities, return on investment with approximately 50-acres of good crop ground, and potential for a great build site with rural water and electrical service already adjoining the property.

This tract totals 117-acres, is located roughly 4-miles southeast of Yates Center, and is situated beautifully along Owl Creek. The property includes a nice mixture of thick timber along Owl Creek, tall native grasses, productive cropland, and thick bedding cover. The farm has been thoughtfully developed with the serious hunter in mind with strategically placed food plots, nice crop fields, pinch points, and thick bedding cover consisting of tall native grasses, brush, and timber. The heart of the property is conveniently secluded from the view of surrounding roads and includes excellent bedding cover and timber along the creek, in addition to productive crop fields. In total, the farm includes roughly 50-acres of crop fields and food plots that include high quality productive soils. Roughly 70% of the crop acreage on the tract consists of good quality class I and II bottomland soils (Mason, Verdigris, Leanna, and Hepler varieties) with the remaining 30% consisting of good quality upland class II and III soils (Dennis and Kenoma varieties). With Owl Creek running through the middle of the farm the tract acts as a natural travel corridor during the rut along with being thick holding deer year-round. With it becoming more and more challenging to draw out of state tags, this property offers a tremendous opportunity to own a high quality deer hunting parcel that is affordable and will guarantee you a tag year after year. If you are a deer, turkey, or quail hunter you aren’t going to want to miss your opportunity to purchase this exceptional real estate offering.

In addition to the excellent hunting and good crop ground that the property possesses it shouldn’t be overlooked as an excellent location to build your forever home or set up a camper site for when you come to hunt. Rural water and electrical service both adjoin the property making a future home build highly convenient and cost effective. Additionally, the property is located within three miles of 75 HWY and within four miles of 54 HWY making access to pavement quick and easy.

Overall, this is an excellent affordable sized hunting farm that truly checks all the boxes. To schedule your showing, or if you have questions, please give Henry Ott a call at 620-437-7340. Thank you!

Legal Description: SE4 lying east of the RR ROW less a tract in the SE corner of Section 31-25S-16E of the 6th PM; Woodson County, KS

2023 Taxes: $954.56

Driving Directions: From HWY 75 and HWY 56 Junction: Head south on 75 HWY for 4-miles to 70th Rd. Go east on 70th Rd for just over 2.5-miles and the property will start on the north side of the road.

Related Documents

Property Map

Contact Agent

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.